Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MineCart WaveCrasher Ship Rig

So going from my other ideas of blowing on things I thought of a nice toy/concept involving ships and wind. This originally came from the idea that maybe mesh deformation is the wrong direction to go since it can create a level of complexity we simply don't need.

We could just turn this into a big section of blocks that can move in six directions, up, down, left, right, forward, back. These may need to be blown into proper positions or maybe to form a certain larger shape in the same way you build up a lego set. They could click into place and make awesome creaking sounds. I'm thinking maybe build an old ass creepy haunted house with wooden blocks or something.

THEN I went a little further for more of a toy. I want to see multiple levels of ocean/sea similar to the way that FLOW works, but in each section it's like being or sailing on top of that sea. You can either choose to blow the sails of ships and send them reeling in different directions or choose to blow on the water to create things like tidal waves. It could be fun to just straight up drown people.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of moving things (ships, blocks, water) by 'blowing' could be really fun. I especially like the idea of the tidal wave: Perhaps you are looking at a small island (I'm picturing Kame House from DBZ) surrounded by water. You then interact by blowing on certain things. I really just want to create a tidal wave that rushes over the island.

    ReplyDelete